Fire sprinklers are great life-saving devices. However, this benefit does come with the risk of water damage. If you have water damage from a fire sprinkler discharge, please call us immediately to get the cleanup process started. Our expertise and professional-grade equipment can save your property from water damage.
Call us 24/7 for immediate water damage cleanup services. A live agent will always answer your call and we can be on-site in 30 minutes. 562-270-0996
Why Choose Us for Fire Sprinkler Cleanup Services?
- 24/7 service, 365 days per year
- On site in 30 minutes
- Experts in residential and commercial fire sprinkler cleanup
- Smoke cleanup services
- A+ rating with the BBB
- Certified by the IICRC
- EPA Lead Certified
- Certified in Advanced Sewage Remediation
- Direct billing to insurance
Water Damage from Fire Sprinklers
Fire sprinklers are designed to put out fires, which means they dispatch about 25-30 gallons of water per second. Since the fire sprinklers are located overhead and meant to dispatch water everywhere to put out a fire, the water will saturate walls, furniture, carpets, floors, insulation and all other property in the room. This is usually classified as Class 3 Water Damage. The good news is that fire sprinkler water is clean water (Category 1). However, if the water is allowed to sit, bacteria and mold could begin to grow and it could turn into Category 2 (grey water) or Category 3 (black water) damage. This is why it is imperative to start the water damage cleanup process quickly.
Has your fire sprinkler discharged? Call our 24/7 Live Customer Support line. We will answer all your questions and immediately dispatch a team to start cleanup. 562-270-0996
Steps to Cleaning Up Fire Sprinkler Damage
Each case of fire sprinkler damage is different, and no two cases will require the exact same cleanup process. When we arrive on site, our technicians will assess the damage and determine the best course of action. We always take the time to explain the damage and our recommendations, and will take into consideration your unique needs. For example, we may be able to save your carpet, but you may decide that it is better to replace it than wait for it to dry.
Here are some of the steps we take as part of our fire sprinkler damage cleanup services.
- Assessment: Our IICRC Certified technicians will explain the damage to you and give you options for how to proceed with cleanup. We will also take documentation to support any insurance claims.
- Water Extraction: Using our powerful truck-mounted suction machines, we are able to get water and moisture out of property. Our Everest pro machine helps us save carpets and upholstery in most cases.
- Drying: Air movers must be set up in a way which expedites evaporation of water from surfaces. We have some of the most powerful air movers available in the industry, and also have Rescue Mats for drying hard surfaces like wood floors.
- Dehumidification: Air movers cause moisture to evaporate from your property. This moisture then moves into the air, increasing the humidity levels in your home or business. It is crucial to set up dehumidifiers to capture the moisture or else the excess moisture could cause mold growth.
- Sanitization: When water damage cleanup is initiated promptly, then the water should be clean. However, if you wait too long to start cleanup, then mold or bacteria can fester. We will make sure your home or business is safe by sanitizing it with our environmentally-friendly, non-toxic products.
- Item Removal: Some highly-absorbent materials can’t always be saved, such as carpet padding and drywall. Our technicians will remove these materials, bag them to prevent contamination, and dispose of them properly.
- Content Pack-Out: Items like carpets and upholstery are dried on-site. However, it may be necessary to remove dry items to prevent them from getting damaged from the water and moisture. We can help with content pack-out services. Items will be taken to a safe, clean and secure facility which you can access whenever you wish.
Smoke Damage Cleanup Services
Most of our calls for fire sprinkler damage cleanup are due to accidental discharges. However, we do have many calls for cleanup after small fires. In these cases, it isn’t just water which needs to be cleaned up, but smoke as well.
Smoke is highly destructive and consists of many acidic and dangerous components which vary depending on the combustion source. You might think that you can rest at ease when the fire is out, but the smoke and soot residue can quickly wreak havoc on your property. The IICRC provides the following timeline of destruction after a fire:
- Within minutes: Acidic soot will cause plastics to yellow and some porous materials will permanently discolor.
- Within hours: Acid residue will stain grout, fiberglass may yellow, metals will tarnish, and finishes on appliances may permanently discolor.
- Within days; The acidic residue will cause many surfaces, such as paint, vinyl, upholstery, and wood finishes, to discolor permanently.
- Within weeks: By now, many items will be permanently discolored and materials like glass and metal can become etched by the acids in the residues.
Smoke damage cleanup should not be done by yourself. There are too many volatile compounds which could harm your health. Further, most people do not have the knowhow or equipment to clean up smoke damage safely and properly.
Our technicians are IICRC Certified for smoke damage cleanup services. We arrive with the proper gear, including masks and eye protection, to tackle the job safely. When necessary, the site will be contained to prevent contamination to other areas of your home. Using specially formulated cleaners and equipment like HEPA air scrubbers, we are able to save your home or business from permanent smoke damage and also remove odors.
Direct Billing to Insurance
When you are dealing with fire sprinkler and smoke damage, the last thing you want to worry about is how you will pay for cleanup. We want to make the process as easy as possible for you. That is why we offer Direct Billing to Insurance. We work with ALL insurance companies and are familiar with the insurance claims process. When our technicians arrive on site, they will start compiling the photographic evidence and moisture test readings required to support a claim. We will even meet with the insurance adjuster in person to explain the extent of the damage so you can get the compensation you are entitled to.
Don’t wait a second longer to get the fire sprinkler damage cleanup process started. Call us now to speak to a live agent. 562-270-0996